This is not so much a biggest loser contest as it is a get healthy blog. Being healthy should be more important than losing weight and hopefully in the process, a little weight will just fall right off!

Can you do it? Can you take the challenge and make the change?

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Hi Everyone!

I don't have a ton of weight to lose, but I would like to exercise more, and this would be a good way to stay motivated. I'm down to a weight where I'm content, and I'd like to maintain it, or maybe lose just a few more pounds. I guess I could lose more, but if I'm honest with myself, I like to eat, and I don't want to stop enjoying it just to be super skinny. But I could stand to be healthier about eating.

I don't really love to exercise, so finding ways that I enjoy using my body has been a challenge in my life. I do like to hike, play volleyball, and do Wii Fit, but I should do it more often. I play volleyball every Monday with women from church. I could go hiking more often and do Wii Fit more often.

At the beginning of the year I started a 100 pushups program, found here. I got about halfway through and came down with viral pneumonia and haven't gone back to it. I think I'll start that up again. It only took like 5 minutes a day, but I really felt my body getting stronger. Plus, it was my New Years' goal, and I want to finished it before the end of the year.

I'm going to post whenever I exercise. Even the little things, because every little bit counts. I haven't decided whether or not to post about weight. Do you think I should?

So for today:

Wii Fit
20 minutes

Hurray!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for Wii Fit! I wish I could do that more... but if I ever get it out, Oliver and Hazel really, really, really think that they should jump on the balance board.

    We tried Dance, Dance Revolution, too, and Oliver thought it was so much fun (he can pretend on a different mat), but Hazel cries when we pull it out.

    ReplyDelete